Dear Teachers, Parents and Students, and ICCCI members
This Sunday, April 26th, the Carmel Swim Club will be having a triathlon and lining their swimmers up in Greyhound Cafeteria. At the same time, there will be an Adidas basketball tournament going on and they will be using the Freshman Cafeteria. Please use the Main Cafeteria for your activities during the Chinese School hours.
Since both the Freshman and Greyhound Cafeteria will not be available, registration for the Fall semester will be held next two Sundays on May 3rd and May 10th. Thank you very much for your cooperation!
Dear ICCCI members:
Just to clarify some points further from our earlier communication to the ICCCI members, please reference the added comments in RED. We are pleased to inform you that we will be proceeding with this year's ICCCI Board of Directors election immediately.
The election will be led by the 2015 ICCCI Election Committee and we will be following the current Election Guidelines attached that were drafted in 2008, modified in 2010 and further revised during 2014.
SPECIAL NOTE: All eligible nominees must conform to the current Election Guidelines, a copy of which is attached. The following modifications to the attached guidelines were unanimously agreed upon by the board in April 2014 and include the following:
- The board is composed of 9 members.
- The current 9 board positions are President, Past President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Director of Activity, Director of Communications, and Director of External Relationship.
- All 9 board members are elected.
- Majority action is board action. A unanimous agreement is required for bylaw revisions.
The open board positions accepting nominations are currently:
- President-Elect. This position will assume the position of President the following year. NOTE: Any nominee wishing to run for this position, must, in addition to being nominated must declare what position they might desire to hold on the board.
- School Principal. Supervise the school operation. NOTE: The board approved prior to our last election that the School Principal position is an "elected" position, and as a board member, this individual will serve the term of three years. As a further clarification, Tom Xiao, who will be completing his three year term on the board, does have the ability or option to run for a second consecutive term, under our present guidelines should he choose to do so, but would have to run for this position at the next election.
- Three Board Positions: Secretary, Treasurer and Entertainment responsibilities. NOTE: Should one of the continuing board members be elected to serve as President-Elect, that person's board duties would also need to be assumed by a new member.
The process and schedule for this year's election are as follows:
- Announcement of Candidacy (Deadline: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 )
More than one candidate may be nominated by ICCCI members or self-nominated by sending a nomination email to 该E-mail地址已受到防止垃圾邮件机器人的保护，您必须启用浏览器的Java Script才能看到。 .
- Candidacy declaration and bio submission (Deadline: Sunday, May 3, 2015) The candidate must send the election committee a confirmation email to declare his or her candidacy along with a bio. The list of candidates and their bios will be sent to all ICCCI members and posted at ICCCI website once the candidate(s) is (are) confirmed.
- Candidates' Presentations (To take place on Sunday, May 10, 2015)
The presentations and Q&A session will be in the Freshman Cafeteria at Carmel High School.
- Time of Election and Voting (To occur immediately following the Presentation on May 10, 2015)
The election and voting will take place immediately following the candidate presentations on Sunday, May 10, 2014. Details of this year's voting procedures will be sent to the registered voters in early by mid-April.
- Voter registration (Deadline: Sunday, May 3, 2015)
Anyone wishing to vote in this year’s election must complete the attached voter registration form and return, scan and return via email to I 该E-mail地址已受到防止垃圾邮件机器人的保护，您必须启用浏览器的Java Script才能看到。 .
Additionally, you must meet one or more the following definitions:
- You are a parent of actively enrolled Chinese school student(s) who is younger than 18 years old;
- You are an actively enrolled Chinese school adult student;
- You are a current Chinese school teacher or school administrator;
- You are an adult member of ICCCI activity group(s);
- You are a parent of junior member(s) (< 18 years) of ICCCI activity group(s);
- You are an active ICCCI volunteer with more than 30 volunteer hours during current school year (6/1/2014 – 5/31/2015);
- You donate $250 or more during current school year (6/1/2014 – 5/31/2015)
- You are a current or former ICCCI board member.
Designating a Proxy Vote: In the event you will not be present on the day of the voting, please make a note on the voter registration form (due on May 3, 2015) and send to the election committee. If you belong to the two categories below:
- A parent of Chinese school student, please also provide your child’s name (please use same name as your school registration) and grade (for the school year of 2014-2015) at Chinese school;
- 2. A parent of junior member of ICCCI activity group, please also provide the name of the activity group, and the name(s) of your child (children).
Vote Online: Just as we have done in the past, everyone will have the option of completing the ballot form and submitting it to the Election Committee online rather in person if they are unable to attend the actual voting that day. All such electronic votes will need to be emailed to the Election committee at I 该E-mail地址已受到防止垃圾邮件机器人的保护，您必须启用浏览器的Java Script才能看到。 no later than Saturday, May 9, 2015.
Announcement of Results and Transition of the new board
The announcement of the results will be emailed and publicly posted on the ICCCI website within 24 hours of the election. The transition from the current board to the new board will take place on the first day of school Fall 2015. This change in the transition of the board was done last year to assure adequately trained board supervision during the summer months prior to the new school year.
Thank you for your participation and support.
4月11日上午，《印城中文语言节》Chinese Language & Culture Fair的故事会比赛在印城North Center 高中举行。印城华夏文化中心ICCCI中文学校的22名代表参加了 “中文学校组”的所有级别比赛，并以其优异的表现取得了很好的名次。其中17名选手获得金奖 （见下列表），所有选手都获得了组委会授予的奖杯。这次比赛的成功，再次证明了ICCCI中文学校的中文教学实力。参加这次比赛的所有选手都是经过两周前的ICCCI中文学校故事会比赛脱颖而出的优秀选手。学校管委会、老师和学生为这次比赛做了充分的准备。颁奖前包括ICCCI在内的表演者为本次活动献上了精彩的、具有中国特色的文艺演出。颁奖活动由本次活动的组委会主席高永进主持，ICCCI中文学校校长肖令仕作为颁奖嘉宾参加了颁奖活动。
- 2015 印城华夏文化中心（ICCCI）《羊年新春联欢会》
- 2015 ICCCI 棋艺比赛通知
- 2015 印城春节联欢会
第 1 页, 共 53 页
赞助方法：Please make your check payable to:ICCCI. and mail the check to:P.O. Box 50914, Indianapolis, IN 46250
/> Asia Market
6103 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250